Re: lazy detoasting

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: lazy detoasting
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

 >> On 4/11/18 11:33, Tom Lane wrote:
 >>> (Wanders away wondering what Peter has done about toasted parameter
 >>> values for procedures in general ...)

 Peter> I'm not sure.  How can a procedure have a toasted parameter value?

 Andrew> do $$ declare a text; begin select f1.a into a from f1; call p1(a); end; $$;

And behold:

do $$
  declare a text;
  begin
    select f1.a into a from f1;
    delete from f1;
    commit;
    perform pg_sleep(10);  -- vacuum f1 in another session while it sleeps
    call p1(a);
  end; $$;
INFO:  a: (t,t,f,"missing chunk number 0",,)

(p1 in this case is using toast_item_detail() from the module I just put
up at https://github.com/RhodiumToad/pg-toastutils to examine the value)

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)