declaration-after-statement (was Re: Ryu floating point output patch)

От Andrew Gierth
Тема declaration-after-statement (was Re: Ryu floating point output patch)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

 >> 4. Can we allow declaration-after-statement please? That would allow
 >> keeping this code significantly closer to its upstream.

 Andres> As I said on IRC: I'm personally on-board with changing this
 Andres> styilistic requirement, but I also think that it'd be OK to
 Andres> just disable the warning for the individual object files when
 Andres> they're imported (likely using target specific makefile
 Andres> variable assignements) if we cannot get agreement on the global
 Andres> policy change.

So are there any strong disagreements with the idea of disabling the
warning at least for these specific files? If I don't hear any
objections, I'll go for that in the next version of the patch.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)