Re: Ryu floating point output patch

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: Ryu floating point output patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> writes:

 Andrew> 2. How far do we need to go to support existing uses of
 Andrew>    extra_float_digits? For example, do we need a way for clients to
 Andrew>    request that they get the exact same output as previously for
 Andrew>    extra_float_digits=2 or 3, rather than just assuming that any
 Andrew>    round-trip-exact value will do?

 Andrew>   (this would likely mean adding a new GUC, rather than basing
 Andrew>   everything off extra_float_digits as the patch does now)

So it turns out, for reasons that should have been obvious in advance,
that _of course_ we need this, because otherwise there's no way to do
the cross-version upgrade regression check.

So we need something like exact_float_output='on' (default) that can be
selectively set to 'off' to restore the previous behavior of
extra_float_digits.

Thoughts?

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

Сообщение: Re: Reaping Temp tables to avoid XID wraparound
Сообщение: Re: Reaping Temp tables to avoid XID wraparound