Re: JBoss w/int8 primary keys in postgres ...

От James Robinson
Тема Re: JBoss w/int8 primary keys in postgres ...
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Monday, September 8, 2003, at 10:18  AM, Paul Thomas wrote:

> As the JDBC driver is designed to work for current + many past
> releases of PG, modifications along the line I've proposed would also
> help users of older versions of PG and provide fairly consistent
> behavior across versions.

I'm certainly not against such a proposal, making our
PreparedStatements smarter, but it would not help out in the JBossCMP
case, nor would it help out any other frontend, including the CLI psql
client, in that:

create table test (
    pk int8 not null primary key,
    name text;
);
copy into test values ( .... )

select name from test where id = 42;

just doesn't do what you would reasonably expect.

>> CMP will be the death of us all.
>
> No, just those who choose to go the EJB route. My preference is DAO.

I am enslaved to entity beans for now, and am ignorant for the most
part regarding the philosophies of both JDO and DAO. How would DAO get
around this issue?

Thanks,
James