Re: [DOCS] Re: New logo PostreSQL

От Hal Snyder
Тема Re: [DOCS] Re: New logo PostreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
"Thomas G. Lockhart" <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu> writes:

> > I hate to come back to same thing over again, but I still think that
> > www.php.net is a nice example of 'spreadability', as well as color and
> > graphics...its just got a nice "feel" to it.

The PHP site was the first time I saw a really good use of mouseovers
and layers. I like it too, although of course there are ways I'd
"improve" it. ;-)

> At least on my monitor, the site seems too dark (all imho of course).
> The blue is dark and the black lettering across the top does not stand
> out. It does spread nicely, but I'm not fond of the 3-sided wrap-around
> border; if it was just on two sides (at the left and top?) I might be
> happier with it. As it is, it seems to shrink the page. Again, that may
> just be a color issue...
>
> > I like the fact that the buttons let you *know* that you are over top
> > of it...and the use of javascript for doing the submenus is attractive
> > (see the search feature)...

There are lots of ways to navigate a multi-tier menu, e.g.:
- multiple navbars on the same screen
- top menu visible, second level appears when you mouseover it
- navbar in frame always shows next lower menu plus "back" link
- navigtion bar plus simplified site map graphic with you-are-here cues

I'm not completely happy with any of these, but like the last approach
best.

> Yes, the button action is nice, and the page loads reasonably quickly
> (though shows nothing on my system until completely loaded). How is it
> that kind of code to maintain?

I've been holding off on this stuff because the most portable way to
do it is to make all the menu items graphics. These are harder to
update than simple text menus. They also are part of the color scheme
for the site - which we haven't decided on yet.

Hal

Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Re: New logo PostreSQL
Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Re: New logo PostreSQL