Re: initdb profiles

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: initdb profiles
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> It'd be nice to get out from under the fixed-size-shmem restriction, but
> I don't know any very portable way to do that.

Without knowing that part of the code at all it seems to me the logical
approach would be to make the fsm steal its pages out of the shared buffers
allocation. That is, you specify a total amount of shared memory to allocate
and Postgres decides how much of it to use for shared buffers and how much for
fsm.

--
greg