Re: What is happening on buildfarm member baiji?

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: What is happening on buildfarm member baiji?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> What happens if we just "#ifndef WIN32" the setsockopt(SO_REUSEADDR)
> call?  I believe the reason that's in there is that some platforms will
> reject bind() to a previously-used address for a TCP timeout delay after
> a previous postmaster quit, but if that doesn't happen on Windows then
> maybe all we need is to not set the option.

Well it's worth checking. But whereas Windows breaking our understanding of
what SO_REUSEADDR does doesn't actually violate any specification, not having
a TIME_WAIT state at all would certainly violate the TCP spec. So it's
somewhat unlikely that that's what they're doing. But anything's possible.

Сообщение: Re: What is happening on buildfarm member baiji?
Сообщение: Re: What is happening on buildfarm member baiji?