Re: Error message that is a bit misleading / weird result from || null

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: Error message that is a bit misleading / weird result from || null
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Frank van Vugt" <ftm.van.vugt@foxi.nl> writes:

> Sidenote: since it does solve my problem, I can now build an index based on
> such an interpretation of xmin, I'm a bit anxious as to how this will
> be 'fixed', if at all ;)

Actually this was noticed only recently but that was precisely because it was
related to some significant changes that were being made. Because of those
changes 8.3 behaves markedly different in this area:

postgres=# select xmin || 'x' from w limit 1;
 ?column?
 1679x
(1 row)

--