Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 occasionally slow down

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 occasionally slow down
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
"Greg Smith" <gsmith@gregsmith.com> writes:

> On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, Ho Fat Tsang wrote:
>
>> I have tuned the checkpoint_timeout to 30 second which is ten times less than
>> default and the issue is still reproduced.
>
> Your problem looks exactly like a pause at every checkpoint, and I'm not
> sure what Richard was thinking when he suggested having them more often
> would improve things.

Having frequent checkpoints is bad for overall performance but should reduce
the severity of the checkpoint impact. I interpreted his comment as saying he
lowered it just as an experiment to test if it was checkpoint causing the
problems not as a permanent measure.

--
  Gregory Stark

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 occasionally slow down
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 occasionally slow down