Re: Schema, databse, or tables in different system folder

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: Schema, databse, or tables in different system folder
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Carlos Oliva" <carlos@pbsinet.com> writes:
> Is there a way to create a database or a table of a database in its own
> folder?  We are looking for ways to backup the sytem files of the database
> to tape and one to exclude some tables from this backup.  We can selectively
> backup folders of the file system so we figure that if we can create a
> schema or database or table in its own folder, we can backup our database
> and exclude the tables selectively.  We are using Linux RedHat.  Thank you.

If you want to backup specific tables, then you should make use of
pg_dump, which, as of 8.3, has the ability to:
 a) Dump named tables, via the -t option, or
 b) exclude named tables, via the -T option

That is the appropriate way to selectively backup portions of the
database.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="linuxfinances.info" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/wp.html