Re: Another review of URI for libpq, v7 submission

Marko Kreen <markokr@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 11:29:31PM +0200, Alex wrote:
>> https://github.com/a1exsh/postgres/commits/uri
>
> The point of the patch is to have one string with all connection options,
> in standard format, yes?  So why does not this work:
>
>   db = PQconnectdb("postgres://localhost");
>
> ?

Good catch.

I've figured out that we'll need a bit more intrusive change than simply
overriding the expand_dbname check in conninfo_array_parse (like the
current version does) to support URIs in all PQconnect* variants.

I still need to figure out some details, but this is to give people a
status update.

--
Alex