Re: Instead of DROP function use UPDATE pg_proc in an upgrade extension script

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: Instead of DROP function use UPDATE pg_proc in an upgrade extension script
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Vicky> UPDATE pg_proc SET [...]
Vicky> So, I want to know how "safe" can you consider the secondVicky> method, and what kind of other objects do I need
totest besidesVicky> views.

Speaking from personal experience (I did this in the upgrade script for
ip4r, in a much simpler case than yours, and broke it badly), it's not
at all safe.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)