Re: BUG #16033: segmentation fault when runing update

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #16033: segmentation fault when runing update
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Miha Vrhovnik <miha.vrhovnik@naviter.com> writes:
> Unfortunately I'd need a bit of hand holding for generating a core as
> I've added the `ulimit -c unlimited` at the top of the init.d file but
> to no avail.

That seems reasonable.  (Just to check off the obvious, you did
restart the postmaster service afterwards, right?)

> find / -name core

There are few if any modern platforms on which the name of a core
file is just "core" -- most people add a PID, for instance.
Searching the whole filesystem is also unlikely to be productive.
I'd just take a look into the PG data directory and see if you
see anything including "core" in its name.

Also, I don't know much about Ubuntu, but if it uses systemd then
probably systemd has commandeered collection of core files and
you need to negotiate with systemd-coredump.  (Your reference to
an init.d file makes this theory unlikely, but I mention it
for completeness.)

Сообщение: Re: BUG #16034: `\set ECHO all` doesn't work for \e command
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16034: `\set ECHO all` doesn't work for \e command