Re: problem with the build file?

От Nic Ferrier
Тема Re: problem with the build file?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Barry Lind <blind@xythos.com> writes:

> Nic,
>
> What problem are you seeing that this patch is trying to address?  I
> don't have any problems building without this patch.  So before I look
> at applying it, I want to understand the problem you are seeing.

- I was building JDBC2.

- I made a change to AbstractJdbc1ResultSet.java

- I ran ANT

- No files were compiled.

I think this was because the <exclude> tag (for the jdbc2 build)
excluded the entire jdbc1 directory erroneously. It is not logical to
exclude the entire directory because some of the jdbc2 classes
actually extend the jdbc1 classes (notably the classes called
AbstractXXX are the base classes for all the other directories).

I understood from the mailing list that the new structure had
happened recently and I presume this build nit got lost in the
changes.

Nic