Re: Is a high tab_reloid worrying?

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Is a high tab_reloid worrying?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, johnsw@wardbrook.com (John Sidney-Woollett) transmitted:
> I just added a new table to a slony relication set. The new table
> seems to have a really high tab_reloid value of 94,198,669

I presume the database instance has been around for a while?  If so,
then I wouldn't worry too much.

I'm not certain comprehensively what would consume OIDs, but I expect
temp tables would, so if you have applications that generate them,
that would naturally lead to increases in OID values.

The only time you get *low* values is if you define tables immediately
after creating the database.
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "gmail.com")
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/slony.html