Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Arrange for quote_identifier() and pg_dump to not quote keywords

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Arrange for quote_identifier() and pg_dump to not quote keywords
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Gregory Stark" <stark@enterprisedb.com> writes:

> "Tom Lane" <tgl@postgresql.org> writes:
>
>> For the moment, lie about WITH's status in the table so it will still get
>> quoted --- this is because of the expectation that WITH will become reserved
>> when the SQL recursive-queries patch gets done.
>
> Out of curiosity I'm checking what consequences some other future grammer
> changes might have for us.

Oh, and I forgot OVER (assuming we want to actually use the windows, not just
define them). It looks like OVER and also PARTITION can get by as
type_func_name_keyword.

So that gives us:

col_name_keyword:   CUBE   ROLLUP

type_func_name_keyword:   OVER   PARTITION

reserved_keyword:   ROWS   WINDOW   RANGE

unreserved_keyword:   GROUPING   SETS   PRECEDING   FOLLOWING   OTHERS   UNBOUNDED   TIES   EXCLUDE

I'm thinking it may make sense to lie about all of these in quote_identifier
so that someone who upgrades from 8.2 to 8.3 can then upgrade to 8.4. If we
add reserved words in one step then there's no way to upgrade except to rename
things before dumping. Any comments?

Does anyone else have any pet features from the spec which introduce new
syntax they would like to see in Postgres soon?

Сообщение: Re: Frustrating issue with PGXS
Сообщение: Re: Frustrating issue with PGXS