Re: Speedup usages of pg_*toa() functions

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: Speedup usages of pg_*toa() functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

 Ranier> Where " ends up with two copies of pg_ultoa_n inlined into it",
 Ranier> in this simplified example?

The two references to sprintf are both inlined copies of your pg_utoa.

 Ranier> (b) I call this tail cut, I believe it saves time, for sure.

You seem to have missed the point that the pg_ultoa_n / pg_ulltoa_n
functions DO NOT ADD A TRAILING NUL. Which means that pg_ltoa / pg_lltoa
can't just tail call them, since they must add the NUL after.

 Ranier> Regarding bugs:

 Ranier> (c) your version don't check size of a var, when pg_ulltoa_n
 Ranier> warning about "least MAXINT8LEN bytes."

 Ranier> So in theory, I could blow it up, by calling pg_lltoa.

No. Callers of pg_lltoa are required to provide a buffer of at least
MAXINT8LEN+1 bytes.

--
Andrew.