Re: POC PATCH: copy from ... exceptions to: (was Re: VLDB Features)

От zhihuifan1213@163.com
Тема Re: POC PATCH: copy from ... exceptions to: (was Re: VLDB Features)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Damir Belyalov <dam.bel07@gmail.com> writes:

>   Here is a very straw-man-level sketch of what I think might work.
>   The option to COPY FROM looks something like
>
>        ERRORS TO other_table_name (item [, item [, ...]])
>
> I tried to implement the patch using a table and came across a number of questions.
>
> Which table should we implement for this feature: a system catalog table or store this table as a file or create a
new
> table?

I think system catalog should not be a option at the first place since
it requires more extra workload to do.  see the calls of
IsCatalogRelation in heapam.c.

I prefer to create a new normal heap relation rather than a file since
heap realtion probabaly have better APIs.

> In these cases, security and user rights management issues arise.
> It is better for other users not to see error lines from another
> user. It is also not clear how access rights to this
> table are inherited and be given.

How about creating the table just allowing the current user to
read/write or just same as the relation we are copying to?

--
Best Regards
Andy Fan