Re: pgsql-server/ /configure /configure.in rc/incl ...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql-server/ /configure /configure.in rc/incl ...
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> It goes with the Win32 approach of doing as little as possible to the
> Unix port.

That's *not* the approach I want to take.  What I want is a Windows port
that adds as little #ifdef cruft to the system as possible --- that is,
no duplicate code paths that are used for only some platforms.  A port
that uses an entire timezone library that's not used elsewhere doesn't
fit that criterion.

Besides which, as I tried to explain already, a large part of the reason
for wanting to solve the Windows datetime problem in this particular way
was the knowledge that we could solve a lot of existing problems on
various Unixen by adopting the same code cross-platform.

What you're wanting to do seems a lot like what would happen if I were
to write the fsync/sync-in-bgwriter code that I plan to do next week,
and then commit it all as #ifdef WIN32 in parallel with the existing way
of doing things.  It would be an ugly mess, and you'd quite rightly tell
me off for it ...