Re: Deferred uniqueness versus foreign keys

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Deferred uniqueness versus foreign keys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> writes:
> Is it a problem to allow unique constraints to be deferrable until the
> end of the command though?

Yes.  If you do have a case where this matters, the command updating the
referenced table is most likely different from the one updating the
referencing table, and so the command boundaries aren't the same.

I think what we can do for now is insist that the FK's unique constraint
be immediate-mode.  Trying to relax that looks like a research project
to me.