Re: [HACKERS] postgresql authentification for popper

От mdorman-pgsql.hackers@debian.org
Тема Re: [HACKERS] postgresql authentification for popper
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Olivier PRENANT <ohp@pyrenet.fr> writes:
> I have no problem with the system or sendmail. But I'm afraid that
> popper (either pop3 or imap) won't be able to authentificate users the
> standard way (/etc/passwd) does anyone knows if a version of imapd or
> ipop3d has been modified to allow postgresql authentification.
>
> If not, could you give me some pointers.

Recent versions of UW IMAPD are PAM-enabled (on OSs that speak PAM),
and there is, I believe a PAM module for PostgreSQL authentication.

The 1.5.X cyrus IMAPD has patches to allow authentication against
PostgreSQL. 1.6.X went to using SASL, which means the patches against
1.5.X are no longer relevant, but I believe the SASL library is
PAM-enabled, so it can also use the PAM/PostgreSQL module.

Mike.