Re: 7.0.2 -> 7.1 performance drop

От Jason Earl
Тема Re: 7.0.2 -> 7.1 performance drop
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Doug McNaught <doug@wireboard.com> writes:

> Frank Bax <fbax@sympatico.ca> writes:
>
> >            A little more pondering and I remember that I looked a little
> > closer at startup parms during the PG upgrade.  I had removed -F option.
> > Put it back in and runtime dropped to 10 minutes again - problem solved!
>
> You do understand the implications of -F for your data integrity,
> right?

Of course, he is rebuilding these tables from scratch every night.  My
guess is that integrity is not much of an issue.

On the other hand Frank, If you could work your inserts into one large
transaction you would probably get quite a bit of the benefits of
removing the -F option without risking the integrity of your database.

Jason