Re: Database mirroring

От Turbo Fredriksson
Тема Re: Database mirroring
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Quoting Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>:

> On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 10:31:04AM +0100, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> > Is it possible  to specify WHERE (on a  filesystem) a certain database
> > should be located?
> >
> > This would be nice to have when doing mirroring (with rServ for example).
> > That way i can replicate/mirror a database on a different disk...
>
>  See docs about CREATE DATABASE statement and things pertinent to
>  this process.
>
> CREATE DATABASE name
>     [ WITH [ LOCATION = 'dbpath' ]
>             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>     [ TEMPLATE = template ]
>     [ ENCODING = encoding ] ]

Cool, thanx!

Now my idea to replicate with rServ got a whole new meaning.

Could anyone make it easy for me, and give me some examples on how to use rServ
to syncronize/replicate to a remote database?

I successfully tried rServ to replicate to a db on the same host (using the
examples).

-- Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just ^^^^^    / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  selective
aboutwho its friends are         / / | | '_ \| | | \ \/ /    Debian Certified Linux Developer   _ /// / /__| | | | |
|_||>  <  Turbo Fredriksson   turbo@bayour.com \\\/  \____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\         Gothenburg/Sweden

South Africa counter-intelligence cryptographic Khaddafi class
struggle FSF Panama Uzi 767 tritium Saddam Hussein critical president
AK-47 munitions