Re: What is the practical limitation of no multi-threading?

От Jason Earl
Тема Re: What is the practical limitation of no multi-threading?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Every connection gets its own backend.  Concurrent connections work
fine, and transactions can progress concurrently as long as the rows
that you want to update are unique.

Basically, the fact that PostgreSQL is not multi-threaded is not a big
deal (unless you want to run it on Windows or some other operating
system with a massively expensive fork()).

Jason