Re: inline newNode()

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: inline newNode()
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> Or make a version of palloc that zeroes the memory.

Well, we might lose a bit of speed that way -- with the current
MemSet() macro, most of the tests that MemSet() does can be eliminated
at compile-time, since MemSet() is usually called with some constant
parameters. If we moved this code inside palloc(), it wouldn't be
possible to do this constant propagation.

Not sure it would make a big performance difference, though -- and I
think palloc() is a clean solution. In fact, it's probably worth
having anyway: a lot of the call sites of palloc() immediately zero
the memory after they allocate it...

Cheers,

Neil