Re: *very* slow query to summarize data for a month ...

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: *very* slow query to summarize data for a month ...
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:

> On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Greg Stark wrote:
>
> > Actually you might be able to get the same effect using function indexes
> > like:
> >
> > create index i on traffic_log (month_trunc(runtime), company_id)
>
> had actually thought of that one ... is it something that is only
> available in v7.4?

Hum, I thought you could do simple functional indexes like that in 7.3, but
perhaps only single-column indexes.

In any case, given your situation I would seriously consider putting a
"month" integer column on your table anyways. Then your index would be a
simple (month, company_id) index.

--
greg