Re: pgin.tcl pg_exec_prepared slow (was: Released...)

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: pgin.tcl pg_exec_prepared slow (was: Released...)
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
L J Bayuk <ljb220@mindspring.com> writes:

> Other messages from the client are typically replied to and/or ACK'd in
> under 1 ms, according to Ethereal. I don't know why this message takes so
> much longer to ACK, nor why the client waits for the ACK. I'm sure it isn't
> the backend; I don't think it is Tcl; it could be something in the TCP
> stack.

Ahah, found a good explanation from a pretty authoritative source:

http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&selm=an_477899304

Nothing like getting it straight from the horse's mouth.

(Note for any non-native-english-speakers: that's an expression, I've never
seen Mr Nagle's mouth personally)

--
greg