Re: Much Ado About COUNT(*)

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Much Ado About COUNT(*)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jeff Davis <jdavis-pgsql@empires.org> writes:

> But of course, we all love toast. Everyone needs to make those wide
> tables once in a while, and toast does a great job of taking those
> worries away in an efficient way. I am just saying that hopefully we
> don't have to seqscan a table with wide tuples very often :)

I thought toast only handled having individual large columns. So if I have a
2kb text column it'll pull that out of the table for me. But if I have 20
columns each of which have 100 bytes will it still help me? Will it kick in if
I define a single column which stores a record type with 20 columns each of
which have a 100 byte string?

--
greg