Re: Database versus filesystem for storing images

От Jorge Godoy
Тема Re: Database versus filesystem for storing images
Дата
Re: Database versus filesystem for storing images  (John McCawley <nospam@hardgeus.com>)
Список pgsql-general
John McCawley <nospam@hardgeus.com> writes:

> Don't store your images in the database.  Store them on the filesystem and
> store their path in the database.  Anyone that tells you otherwise is a stark
> raving madman :)
>
> My system is very heavily used, and our pg_dump is only a few gigs.  Meanwhile
> our images/documents storage is well over a hundred gigs.  I'd hate to think
> that I'd have to dump and restore 100 gigs every time I wanted to dump the
> newest data to the development database.

How do you plan your backup routine and how do you guarantee that on a failure
all needed data is restored?  I mean, how do you handle integrity with data
outside the database?

--
Jorge Godoy      <jgodoy@gmail.com>