Re: [PERFORM] Planner making wrong decisions 8.2.4. Insane cost calculations.

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Planner making wrong decisions 8.2.4. Insane cost calculations.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Henrik Zagerholm" <henke@mac.se> writes:

> Ahh, my bad. It is a very small table but I have an unique index.
> CREATE UNIQUE INDEX tbl_filetype_suffix_idx ON tbl_filetype_suffix
> USING btree (filetype_suffix);

Well it can't use that to help with a join. If you had an index on
lower(filetype_suffix) it might be able to use it. I'm not sure though,
especially if it's a small table.

>> And any chance you could resend this stuff without the word-wrapping?
>> It's pretty hard to read like this:
>>
> Resending and hopefully the line breaks are gone. I couldn't find any
> in my sent mail.

No, the double-quotes are gone but the lines are still wrapped. It's become
quite a hassle recently to get mailers to do anything reasonable with code.

--
  Gregory Stark