Re: REINDEX on large DB vs. DROP INDEX/CREATE INDEX

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: REINDEX on large DB vs. DROP INDEX/CREATE INDEX
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Wes" <wespvp@msg.bt.com> writes:

> I guess I should also turn off fsync for the duration.

It shouldn't make a big difference. fsync only happens at the end of a
transaction or at a checkpoint.

Since you're concerned with very long operations the slowdown at the end of
the transaction won't make a big difference.

Checkpoints could be an issue, but you would be better off just raising
checkpoint_segments and/or checkpoint_timeout to make sure you don't get one
more often than once every few minutes when you're doing large operations like
this.

--
  Gregory Stark