Re: Postgresql problem with update double precision

От Jerry Sievers
Тема Re: Postgresql problem with update double precision
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Condor <condor@stz-bg.com> writes:

> Hello ppl,
> for few years I have problem when update double precision field. I
> have table and few double precision columns, here is example:
>
> sumall double precision,
> sumin double precision,
>
> My php script do:
>
> $get = 2.40
>
> and sql code is:
>
> UPDATE table1 SET sumall = sumall + $get WHERE id = 1 AND rd =
> CURRENT_DATE;
>

> When I browse the table some times i see incorrect values like:
>
> 955.599999999998
>
> it's should be 955.60 after these updates ... some days is fine, some
> days the value is incorrect.
>
> I have this problem from version 7 of postgresql, Im now use 9.0.3
>
> Anyone know what can be the problem and why some times records is
> fine, some times isnt ?

That floating point data types are inexact is a well known problem
with them and not Postgres specific.

Consider switching those fields to type NUMERIC.

HTH

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting

Сообщение: Re: Select count with offset returns nothing.
Сообщение: Re: Select count with offset returns nothing.