Re: BUG #7808: unnest doesn't handle nulls in array of composite typescorrectly

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: BUG #7808: unnest doesn't handle nulls in array of composite typescorrectly
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

 Tom> I didn't much like the "initial_nulls" counter in your patch, but
 Tom> actually there's no reason we can't just push an all-nulls row
 Tom> into the tuplestore immediately on seeing a null, the same way as
 Tom> happens in the last-ditch case at the bottom of
 Tom> ExecMakeTableFunctionResult.  I whacked that around a bit and
 Tom> pushed it.

I did think about that, but the existing code seems to go out of its way
to build the tuplestore using the tupdesc obtained from the actual
function result row, rather than the "expected" tupdesc, and it wasn't
really obvious why that was.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)