Re: Recovery error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Recovery error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Meszaros Attila <tilla@draconis.elte.hu> writes:
> Accidentally I've ran out of disk space during intensive database write
> operations. At the begining the backend went to recovery mode a few times,
> and continued the work, but finally it has terribly died
>     ( Segfault at backend/utils/mmgr/mcxt.c 222 )

A backtrace from that segfault might be interesting, if you can provide
one.

> [version: postgres 7.1 beta6
> OK, I know this is very old... I do the upgrade soon,

I suggest "now", not "soon" :-(.  The betas had some bugs in logfile
recovery, and I think you've been bit by one.  This looks familiar:

> FATAL 2:  XLogWrite: write request is past end of log

You might be able to recover your data by updating to 7.1.2 and running
contrib/pg_resetxlog before you start the new postmaster.