Re: pgsql: Avoid creation of the free space map for small heap relations.

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: pgsql: Avoid creation of the free space map for small heap relations.
Дата
Re: pgsql: Avoid creation of the free space map for small heap relations.  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

 Amit> Yes, so this could be the cause of the problem. I think we need
 Amit> to change the tests added by the patch such that they don't rely
 Amit> on vacuum to remove dead-row versions? Do you or anybody else see
 Amit> any better way to fix this?

Do you just need to create free space on a page that didn't have enough
before? It might be worth tweaking the fillfactor rather than trying to
delete anything.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Avoid creation of the free space map for small heap relations.
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Avoid creation of the free space map for small heap relations.