Re: FreeBSD 12 and Postgres build failures

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: FreeBSD 12 and Postgres build failures
Дата
Список pgsql-general

 >> That's a configure line that has never worked on FreeBSD:
 >>
 >> % ./configure --with-openssl --with-perl
 >> [...]
 >> configure: error: readline header not found
 >> If you have libedit already installed, see config.log for details on the
 >> failure.  It is possible the compiler isn't looking in the proper directory.
 >> Use --without-readline to disable libedit support.
 >> %

 Karl> Uh, it has worked on all my FreeBSD systems for a very long time;

Then you have done something non-standard, because "cc" on FreeBSD does
not look in /usr/local/include or /usr/local/lib without being told to
do so, and the configure checks for readline will fail without that.
Possible explanations include having a "gcc" (without a specific version
suffix) on the $PATH (gcc will be chosen over cc in that case), or
having configured CFLAGS or CPPFLAGS in the environment to ./configure.

You might post your full output of ./configure rather than leaving us to
guess at it.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

Сообщение: Re: FreeBSD 12 and Postgres build failures
Сообщение: Re: FreeBSD 12 and Postgres build failures