Re: Rename backup_label to recovery_control

От David Steele
Тема Re: Rename backup_label to recovery_control
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/16/23 00:26, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> At Mon, 16 Oct 2023 13:16:42 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
>> Just an idea in a slightly different direction, but I'm wondering if
>> we can simply merge the content of backup_label into control file.
>> The file is 8192 bytes long, yet only 256 bytes are used. As a result,
>> we anticipate no overhead.  Sucha configuration would forcibly prevent
>> uses from from removing the backup information.
>
> In second thought, that would break the case of file-system level
> backups, which require backup information separately from control
> data.

Exactly -- but we do have a proposal to do the opposite and embed
pg_control into backup_label [1] (or hopefully recovery_control).

Regards,
-David

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1330cb48-4e47-03ca-f2fb-b144b49514d8%40pgmasters.net

Сообщение: Re: remaining sql/json patches
Сообщение: Re: remaining sql/json patches