Re: Have \d show child tables that inherit from the specified parent

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Have \d show child tables that inherit from the specified parent
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Sunday 10 May 2009 03:05:48 damien@dalibo.info wrote:
>> Here's a second version. Main changes are :
>>
>> * Child tables are sorted by name
>> * \d only shows the number of child tables
>> * \d+ shows the full list

> Committed.

I looked at this patch.  I'm a bit disturbed by theORDER BY c.oid::pg_catalog.regclass
business.  I doubt that does what the author thinks, and I'm not sure
what we really want anyway.  If we want the child table names sorted
alphabetically then the regclass value needs to be further cast to text,
ieORDER BY c.oid::pg_catalog.regclass::pg_catalog.text

As-is, it's sorting by the OID values, which is almost like sorting the
children in creation order, which might possibly be thought preferable
... except that once the OID counter wraps around we won't be able to
guarantee that anymore.

Comments?