Dimaond Logo (was Globe...)

От Hal Snyder
Тема Dimaond Logo (was Globe...)
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Dimaond Logo (was Globe...)  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck) writes:

>     But is itself a bit fat - do we want that association? :-)
>
>     The first I've created has a diamond. It's on my index.

I think this is the absolute best set of logo offerings yet.

I like #2 best.

#1 reminds me of the dopey I<heart>NY bumper stickers that were all
the rage some years back.

In #3, centering "Powered by" weakens the effect somehow.

But all three look very good.

Would it look less cluttered without the ORDBMS?

I've been speaking to one of the artists at work about logos. His
description of a good logo includes the following:

1. Should be simple enough that it's recognizable when scaled down to  small icon size.

2. Should be recognizable from the shape of its silhouette. We should  know what it stands for even without standard
colorsand with  extreme contrast.

3. The shape should somehow suggest the entity that is represented.

4. Does not necessarily include the company name. This can be attached  beside the logo.

His examples of good logos: AT&T "death star", the Apple logo. I'd add
the FreeBSD logo as a third.