Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look?

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: User concurrency thresholding: where do I look?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>
>> That's an interesting thought.  Let me check lock counts and see if this is
>> possibly the case.
>
> AFAIK you'd get hard failures, not slowdowns, if you ran out of lock
> space entirely

I assume you've checked the server logs and are sure that you aren't in fact
getting errors. I could, for example, envision a situation where a fraction of
the transactions are getting some error and those transactions are therefore
not being counted against the txn/s result.

--
  Gregory Stark