Re: pgbackrest - question about restoring cluster to a new cluster on same server

От Jerry Sievers
Тема Re: pgbackrest - question about restoring cluster to a new cluster on same server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> writes:

> On 9/18/19 9:40 PM, Ron wrote:
>

>> I'm concerned with one pgbackrest process stepping over another one and
>> the restore (or the "pg_ctl start" recovery phase) accidentally
>> corrupting the production database by writing WAL files to the original
>> cluster.
>
> This is not an issue unless you seriously game the system.  When a

And/or your recovery system is running archive_mode=always :-)

I don't know how popular that setting value is but that plus an
identical archive_command as the origin...  duplicate archival with
whatever consequences.

Disclaimer: I don't know if pgbackrest guards against such a
configuration.

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting

Сообщение: Re: pgbackrest - question about restoring cluster to a new cluster onsame server
Сообщение: Re: pgbackrest - question about restoring cluster to a new cluster onsame server