Re: Rename max_parallel_degree?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Rename max_parallel_degree?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> I realize there's a lot of water under the bridge here, but I think
> we're going to get 1000 questions on -general of the type:  "I asked for
> 8 parallel workers, why did I only get 7?".  I believe we will regret
> this change.
> So, one vote from me to revert.

Well, that gets back to the question of whether average users will
understand the "degree" terminology.  For the record, while I do not
like the current behavior either, this was not the solution I favored.
I thought we should rename the GUC and keep it as meaning the number
of additional worker processes.