Re: porting question: funky uid names?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: porting question: funky uid names?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> cat "$GLOBAL" \
>     | sed -e "s/POSTGRES/$POSTGRES_SUPERUSERNAME/g" \
>           -e "s/PGUID/$POSTGRES_SUPERUSERID/g" \
>     | "$PGPATH"/postgres $BACKENDARGS template1

> For some reason the line probably ends up being

> insert OID = 0 ( MGR BIXBY 484 t t t t _null_ _null_ )
>                     ^
> which causes the observed failure to parse BIXBY as user id.

Good thought.  Just looking at this, I wonder if we shouldn't flip the
order of the sed patterns --- as is, won't it mess up if the superuser
name contains PGUID?

A further exercise would be to make it not foul up if the superuser name
contains '/'.  I'd be kind of inclined to use ':' for the pattern
delimiter, since in normal Unix practice usernames can't contain colons
(cf. passwd file format).  Of course one doesn't generally put a slash
in a username either, but I think it's physically possible to do it...

But none of these fully explain Mark's problem.  If we knew where the
"syntax error 25 : -> ." came from, we'd be closer to an answer.