Re: bugfix: invalid bit/varbit input causes the log file to be unreadable

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: bugfix: invalid bit/varbit input causes the log file to be unreadable
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Huansong Fu <huansong.fu.info@gmail.com> writes:
> We recently saw a similar issue in v12 and wondered why the corresponding fix for v14
(https://github.com/postgres/postgres/commit/16e3ad5d143)was not backported to v13 and before. The commit message did
mentionthat this fix might have problem with translatable string messages - would you mind providing a bit more context
aboutwhat is needed to backport this fix? Thank you.

Well, the commit message lists the reasons for not back-patching:

* we've seen few field complaints about such problems
* it'd add work for translators
* it wouldn't work reliably before v12.

Perhaps there's a case for back-patching as far as v12,
but I can't get very excited about it.