Re: psql - improve test coverage from 41% to 88%

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: psql - improve test coverage from 41% to 88%
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8/3/20 3:34 PM, Fabien COELHO wrote:

> I'm quite lost about Expect portability discussion wrt windows, it is
> unclear to me whether it is expected to work there or not.

Sorry if I was unclear. Expect will not work on Windows. Nor will use of
IO::Pty  or IO::Tty, which are what Expect uses under the hood. So use
of any of that needs to be done just as it is done on
010_tab_completion.pl, i.e.

    eval { require IO::Pty; };
    if ($@)
    {
        plan skip_all => 'IO::Pty is needed to run this test';
    }

cheers

andrew