Re: Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?

От Jerry Sievers
Тема Re: Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On 03/21/2015 12:45 PM, Gavin Flower wrote:
>

>> How about 2 config files?
>>
>> One marked adult^H^H^H^H^H power users only, or some such, with the
>> really dangerous or unusual options?
>>

> That has come up before in many threads. I don't know that we need to
> go down that path again. Consider, power users don't need a separate
> config. They can create their own or use alter system.

10 years ago I was already feeling like postgresql.conf was unwieldy
and have on many occasions stripped them down only to live lines without
any comments whatsoever.

In fact I'd argue that due to  how verbose the file is presently as
shipped, it makes it that much more likely  that someone looking at is
isn't going to notice  something as alarming as fsync=off :-)

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting

Сообщение: Re: PATCH: numeric timestamp in log_line_prefix
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: numeric timestamp in log_line_prefix