Re: Postgresql 9.2.4 - timezone error

От Jerry Sievers
Тема Re: Postgresql 9.2.4 - timezone error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bhushan Pathak <bhushan.pathak02@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have postgresql 9.2.4 running on a CentOS 5 server. A JBOSS AS instance also runs on the same server, which
connectsto postgresql server [using defined connection
> pools].
>
> The issue I'm facing is that the JBOSS server is throwing out the error -
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: invalid value for parameter "TimeZone": "America/New_York"
>
> When I looked up on the internet, most common answer was to execute the following query from CLI which would expose
thereal problem -

> myDB=# SELECT * FROM pg_timezone_names WHERE name = 'America/New_York';
> ERROR:  could not stat "/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/New_York": Too many levels of symbolic links
>
> What does this really mean? Why is postgresql complaining for symbolic links? Any ideas what has gone wrong? Any
thingthat needs checking?

Something is fishy in your filesystem such as a link loop...  see this
trivial example;

sj$ pwd
/tmp
sj$ ln -s foo bar
sj$ ln -s bar foo
sj$ cat foo
cat: foo: Too many levels of symbolic links
sj$ ls -l foo bar
lrwxrwxrwx 1 yomama yomama 3 May 29 11:38 bar -> foo
lrwxrwxrwx 1 yomama yomama 3 May 29 11:38 foo -> bar

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Code for user-defined type
От: Sébastien Lorion
Сообщение: Merge a sharded master into a single read-only slave