Death on deletion attempts (was: Current sources?)

От Tom Ivar Helbekkmo
Тема Death on deletion attempts (was: Current sources?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
t-ishii@sra.co.jp writes:

> I have tested the s_lock_test and seems it is working. However I
> have lots of failure with various SQL's including 'drop database',
> 'delete from'.

I'm seeing the same thing Tatsuo-san does.  This is on NetBSD/sparc
1.3, GCC 1.7.2.2, running the very latest anonCVS-fetched PostgreSQL.
Haven't run regression tests -- assume they would fail horribly.  The
installation was done from scratch, including an 'initdb' run.

Interestingly, a 'delete from' will kill the backend even if it has a
'where' clause that does not match anything whatsoever, but a 'drop
table' is fine, including non-empty tables.  Brief testing of 'insert'
and 'select' show them working, including joins, as do transactions
using 'begin', 'commit' and 'abort'.

Any idea where to start looking?

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"