Re: getting the ranks of items

От merlyn@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz)
Тема Re: getting the ranks of items
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Harald> Using a temporary sequence for that would avoid naming conflicts.

>> P.S. I'm sure you can wrap it in plperl stored procedure :)

Well, yes.  I was (falsely?) recalling that there was a pure SQL way
to do this though.

And the point of doing it as part of the (sub)query is that I was then
going to do a further join and select on this.

Harald> Yes, prepending the ranking column in the application would be
Harald> more efficient.  I wonder whether Randall knows Perl? ;-)

If not, I'm sure I could dig up a couple of books to learn it. :)