Re: [HACKERS] postmaster failure with 2-23 snapshot

От Tom Ivar Helbekkmo
Тема Re: [HACKERS] postmaster failure with 2-23 snapshot
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> A stock version of 6.4.x creates a shared memory segment of about
> 830K if you don't alter the default -B setting.  Thanks to some
> changes I made recently in the memory space estimation stuff,
> the current CVS sources will try to make a shm segment of about
> 1100K with the default -B and -N settings.

Have there also been changes to the semaphore usage over the last 10
days?  A February 15th snapshot is fine on my systems, as long as I
apply the patches that appeared here yesterday to get Kerberos going,
but after 'cvs update' yesterday (February 23rd), the postmaster is
refusing to start, claiming that semget() failed to allocate a block
of 16 semaphores.  The default maximum here is 60 semaphores, so I
guess it must have allocated at least 44 of them before the failure.

This is under NetBSD/i386-1.3I.

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"